Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Walmart: Friend or Foe?

Walmart. The ultimate experience. Even when not pregnant, I have to muster up the strength to go. If it is hot, forget having a good time. When I see myself complaining about it I just remind myself to be thankful that I can pay for all the stuff I bought. That usually cures it. The one thing I am annoyed about lately is the lack of craft supplies. Thankfully, we will be near Michael's or Hobby Lobby soon enough. I couldn't even find ribbon for hair bows at Walmart this weekend. I hear that some Walmart stores still have their fabric section. Hopefully, either the Madison or the Lakeland Walmart will oblige my need for cheap fabric and buttons. Not that I am doing any sewing these days.

We ran into a former co-worker of Adam's this weekend. She is working at St. Andrews preschool now. She was telling us about the stuff that they learn there. It makes you want to send them. Until you look at the tuition prices online. Adam said his wallet hurt just hearing about them. Who wants to pay that much to be away from their babies half a day anyway? Sydney is so funny. I know that I have mentioned how sensitive she is before. If you laugh at something suddenly, she cries if she doesn't get it. The other night we were discussion houses and private school and mapping the next few years out. Sydney has been very fussy lately (we think due to teething) and she was going on and on about everything. Adam jokingly said, "you are expensive and I don't want to hear anymore fussing out of you." She stopped fussing just looked at him. We started laughing because it was so funny and then she started crying. We both started saying " You are worth it. Every penny!" I think it made her feel better. Adam said something else funny earlier when I told him how much some of the schools cost. He looked at Sydney and said " I am not sure if we can spend this kind of money on you if you are putting your shoe on the wrong foot." She thought that was funny. She loves shoes and was putting one on the wrong foot. Adam bought her a denim jacket this weekend. It is so cute. I can't wait for her to wear it.

No comments: