Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

All is well...

I am totally calm and cool. We have worked like tomorrow is the move day, but it isn't! Finally, for once in my life we are somewhat ahead of schedule. I am delirious, but those who know me know that I am fun when delirious. There is a chocolate chip floating in my diet peach tea and I don't care. I am actually looking forward to drinking down the tea enough to corner it for a last taste of the random cookie I found in the mostly empty pantry. I can't say how much I owe my friend, Shelley, for the help she has given and the help she keeps offering in the future. I am sure I will have a few more IOUs by the end of this weekend. I have finally given in to feeling bad for excepting help so I pretty much give in at the slightest pressure. Shelley just started packing all the random stuff that was laying around and we gathered toys and took pictures off the walls and wrapped them in blankets. You know you have a true friend when they are cleaning out under your bed where all the dog hair hides. At 9 pm we were in the garage and she became the voice of encouragement when Adam started pointing to attic things that he felt could be thrown away. I kept thinking garage sale (let's make money!!) and she was saying it isn't worth it just throw it out. I think she had more perspective because she had just packed about 20 miscellaneous boxes full of stuff that we don't really need. We are getting a little excited about moving to the new house though. Now that this house is somewhat under control we can start thinking some about it. I think some of the excitement was squashed due to dealing with the seller/realtor, but that is in the past now and hopefully tomorrow won't bring any problems. Well, I am going to leave this house for now and go down to my mom's where she and Sydney are hopefully sleeping soundly. It is nearly 11 and I have done more manual labor than any pregnant person should (though I am not lifting heavy things per the doctor's request, but she said I could do moving stuff) so I am deserving of bed and that is where I am headed!

1 comment:

Laura Young said...

i'm tired just from reading that. hope you get some rest!