Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Waiting and waiting and waiting

We haven't heard a thing on our offer for the house we want. The Realtor that owns the house has been arranging funeral services because her mother passed away last week. She is aware that there is an offer and wanted it, but hasn't picked it up yet. I feel sure we will hear something tomorrow. We have pretty much decided that we will do what it takes to get the house because it is our best option and the best option that we have seen of all the houses we have viewed over the spring and summer. Getting a good price is our main concern though. We do have private school to think about! Oh, that reminds me of a funny bumper sticker we saw Saturday night " If you think education is expensive, you should try ignorance."

This weekend my mom took me to Target to get something new and to make me stop wearing the same three things all the time. I had no choice because that is all I had! The brown dress, the blue dress (same style), and a black shirt (and a black dress that is too dressy for anywhere, but church or a nice night out so it doesn't count). Now I have a brown t shirt and a white shirt to mix in. Hopefully, that will lift my spirits.

Speaking of clothes, this afternoon I went through some of the boy stuff we have. I am really confused as to what he will need to wear while in the hospital and then when home during this hot time. I know that babies like to be warm so a cotton long sleeved gown might not be that bad, but they also like to be wrapped up all cozy and that will make him too hot. I have a confession. I really can't stand onesies. Their little bare legs hang out and they look like they are missing part of their outfit (I guess they are really. The pants!). Maybe it is the way that they are so snug and stretched down to button at the diaper. I don't know. I do like diaper shirts and the little kimono side button shirts. I found some high quality cotton side button shirts at Marshall's a few weeks back and one of my baby craft books shows how you can embellish them. I might try to do a few for him. They are size 3 months, which I am not expecting to last long on him, but his little fatness can hang out the bottom so I think they will fit him for as long as we need them. I guess I do need a few things to accommodate his size and the weather, but what?

No comments: