Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Family get together

Tonight Adam, Sydney and I had supper with family in celebration of a great uncle's 75th birthday. I don't see my cousins often and I wasn't jazzed about being huge and pregnant when I did get to see them. I had to endure a couple of hours of jokes and comments about me possibly having the baby right then, or on the way home, or during the family picture, or tomorrow, or after dessert... You can always depend on family!

Hahaha. Grin. Yeah, he is a big baby. August 18th. Oh, his name will be Stewart... (the family name. There were at least 4 Stewarts, by first name, there tonight). Cheers from a table. No, again, he will not be born tonight. Yes, August 18th. No, 18th, of August yeah, not July 18th. Maybe so, but I am sure I will make it.

So later, my mom and I went to Walmart to get some things for me to wear in the hospital after the baby is born and at home for the first few recovery weeks. Stuff like lounge pants and t shirts that look somewhat cute for people to see, but can still can function as sleepwear. Don't worry. I won't stay in that stuff long if I can help it. I plan to have them drop me off at a Weight Watchers meeting on the way home from the hospital. Talk about a long year. I haven't had anything to wear for most of the spring and summer and will not go through the winter the same. So, the Walmart trip turned out longer than expected because my mom needed "a few groceries" and then for some reason she expected to find a good book to read on the book aisle. No luck there. Surprise, surprise. By the end of the trip I was shuffling like most pregnant people you see (and I never felt sorry for before now) with a box of pop tarts under my arm. As we were exiting the door the elderly reciept checking lady said to my mom, " is she ok? She isn't going to have the baby in the store is she?" Surely she is a long lost relative.

No comments: