Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 09, 2007

This is a long post, because typing is the only thing I have the energy to do!

40 days? I can't do 40 days. I guess it could be more than 40 really. The ticker taunts. It did this with Sydney. She had the courtesy to show up on her due date though. Is it bad to actually want a c-section so I can have the baby a week or so early? He is huge and I know it. I saw the way that Adam's eyes got big when he saw my stomach the other day. Over the past week it has just grown sooo much. I hadn't noticed really, but we both saw it and though he didn't say anything at first, his look confirmed what I saw. I am not saying that we are going for a world record or anything. I am just earning some sympathy from Adam and the right to complain a little at least on the blog. Because no one has to read this unless they want to read it. I won't complain in person I promise! Still, I am glad to know that the baby is healthy and enjoying all the food he is making me eat these past two weeks. We can't wait until he is here. That is all we talk about (that and Sydney)

I feel so overwhelmed. I will give you a bit of advice. Don't move (your house) when pregnant. If you must, make sure that it is somewhere in the winter (not near Christmas though) and that you are only about 5 months along. I would say that I am a walking zombie, but I can barely walk. So I am just a zombie. I just scoot along trying not to injure any major body parts. I get the courage to tackle a task and towards the middle I completely give out. In Walmart I was strolling along getting what I needed and then out of nowhere I was slowly pushing the basket with thoughts about actually getting in it to take a nap. People give you this understanding nod or look, like they too have been there. It makes you feel a little better, but when it is time to put the groceries in the car you are wondering if they can last for a few weeks so you don't have to do it all again.

The house is somehow always a mess (though we are getting along in the packing, so that may be why) and Sydney is eating part of a waffle off the floor. At least it is a waffle from this morning. That isn't so bad. I am pretty hungry. I wonder if she will share it with me. I haven't been sleeping during parts of the night so I have been staying up late hoping that it will help. I don't wake up for long periods of time now, but I am still just as tired. Time for a new tactic. We could leave everything here when we move and buy all new stuff. Sounds like a plan.

As an update on the house we are TRYING to buy, we still don't know if it is ours. The Realtor that owns it (she actually owns the house, but doesn't live there) isn't exactly speedy in getting on the paperwork. When we gets things back, such as counter offers, they are dated for a day or two before we get them. Its like she does the work, but just doesn't get it back. If you are ever looking for a Realtor, call me first and I will tell you who she is. You would not want to work with her. I talked with our Realtor last night and she said that she was calling her this morning and seeing what was up. We are daring to hope that she is accepting our counter offer. She asked for it in writing when she was told what it was. In dealing with her we can assume that if she wasn't interested then she would have said that she would be coming back with the same counter as before-the asking price for the house. Who ever heard of sticking to a price on a house that has been for sale for so long? We will pay that if we have to, but she sure is holding up the process. It is driving us crazy. We will be potentially moving in about 2 1/2 weeks and we have no idea where. We will still need to get a home inspection on that house and organize the bank stuff, closing, utilities, etc.

I have a goal this week. I am going to teach Sydney to say "shoe". She still isn't saying much (that we can understand), but she does understand us and will do things we ask her to do. We are trying it be able to tell the doctor that she has added some words by the time of her appointment scheduled for the end of April (conveniently the day before our closing...let's just pack it all in!). Well, I am off to take advantage of Sydney's morning nap!

No comments: