Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 13, 2007

Taking care of business

I have been working all morning on "errands". Thankfully, most were able to be completed by phone. We did have to be in Byram by 8 this morning to sign something. I have also tackled a few other things. I wrote thank you notes, rented a Uhaul truck and all the extras you need like moving pads and a dolly for the piano, scheduled Bailey appointments at the groomers to be washed and nails cut and smoothed (to protect our new wood floors), an appointment at the vet for her annual vaccines and heart worm stuff. I figured that now is the time to get that stuff done since we are still in Clinton. I really like our vet so I think we will still bring her here, but I wouldn't mind finding a different groomer since we might go there more often. I may get Adam to start bathing Bailey during the spring, summer, and fall. That will save a few buckeroos that can be allotted to plants or home furnishings. One thing I wish I could do myself is recover furniture. Talk about costing an arm and a leg. I can do simple things like cover dining chair seats or maybe cover a headboard with fabric using a staple gun or something. A wingback chair is another story.

Yesterday, we had the home inspection done on the new house. Talk about hot. I was only planning to be there long enough to take note of storage possibilities and measure some rooms and windows (for blinds). My friend Shelley helped me (ok, she did all of it) and she drew out a floor plan for us to use to play with arranging furniture. I never thought about window blind to house scale, but she was telling me that her dad (who is an architect) says that the 2 inch wood or faux wood blinds really aren't the best size for most houses. They are really more appropriate to a larger home with really tall ceilings. Shelley and I like the 2 inch and think they look nice, but if I can find a 1 1/2 inch blind (which I think is what he recommended) then I will see how they look. Her mom found the faux wood 1.5 inch blinds at Walmart (they are upping the merchandise to compete with Target I think) and they come in all kinds of sizes which is good because not all our windows are the same in each room. One window is an inch smaller in width in the Master bedroom. That seemed weird to me, but apparently some window are custom made to fit a space and I guess in building a home things are a little off sometimes. I have the blinds on my Walmart list and I am going to see what sizes I can find to fit our windows. We need 7 because we are only going to put them in the bedrooms.

No comments: