Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 22, 2007

New Movies

My Mom offered to buy Sydney one of the Little Einstein movies and she came by with three movies. One was Elmo's Potty Time, which she watched without moving a muscle until I brought out her potty and let her sit on it while she watched, another was a Baby Einstein DVD that talks about your eyes, ears, hands, etc., and lastly the promised Little Einstein movie. This was fun for Sydney because she only watches one show in the morning. I have let her watch two lately because I move slower getting breakfast ready for everyone. My mom's thinking was that I will need the distractions for her if I am going to survive the next few weeks. The Disney Channel never seems to have cartoons on in the afternoon so this will be great. She is in a trance when she watches them. She was already responding to the Baby Einstein by pointing to her nose, ears and mouth when they talked about them. Sydney also received her first pair of tacky play shoes. She looks so funny clopping around in them. They are ultra tacky and I promise a picture as soon as possible.

Packing is coming along. I am slowing down and I don't mean just for the day. We are taking a break now. We actually just cleaned out my car and trunk. That is a great feeling. Pretty soon the entire back seat will be devoted to car seats. A little earlier I thought I just might panic at the thought of getting everything done. I feel so bad that it all falls on Adam's shoulders. Moving in is exciting, but moving out is not. We have made a few decisions about the move that will hopefully take some extra pressure off, such as lowering our expectations of new house preparations, Adam taking an extra day off from work, and having the Pod delivered after the move, even though Adam will be the only one unloading it. He actually loaded it by himself so it shouldn't be a problem. One big decision was to go ahead and start sleeping at my mom's house in Clinton on Wednesday night. This will allow us to break down beds, pack bedding, gather Sydney's toys (since my mom has plenty for her), clear showers, dishes and stop the laundry madness at our house and bug my mom with it for a few days. We can start organizing the boxes in an efficient manner instead of worrying about safety for Sydney and space to walk. Doing this will give us Wednesday night, Thursday and night to work in the house without worrying about waking the baby.

1 comment:

Maggie Ethridge said...

A few TV tips- Disney shows that are appropriate for little ones will get better when school starts. I think they shorten the preschool time during the summer. Also, we switch to PBS when the Doodle Bops come on- it's right when Big Big World & Seasame Street are starting(as well as several other great cartoons that you don't have to worry about if don't get right in there to turn it off). Lastly, we have recently switched back to basic satellite instead of basic cable- basic satellite offers disney east and west which means that you get all the little kids shows at a later(more reasonable) hour on Disney west! Clearly I've been a little lazy with TV around here lately, but it's a little hard to be the television Nazi/summer camp director and keep a meal down for more than 20 minutes at the same time. Hopefully we'll get a little better in the next few weeks.