Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 08, 2007

More packing

I packed for several hours yesterday, then my mom came over and she packed one of my china cabinets for me. She ended up staying that evening so Adam and I could actually leave the house. We have been house bound all week! We went to see License to Wed. It was pretty funny and cute. It is 3:30 AM now and I am wishing I was asleep! I was trying cut on the ceiling fan and I hit the wrong switch and it cut off my alarm clock. So I had to reset it and then I discovered that I was hungry. So now I am awake.

Before I fell asleep earlier I read a little from one of my baby books. I am rereading 12 hours by 12 weeks and The No Cry Sleep Solution. I also borrowed The Baby Whisperer and I am reading some of that. They are starting to remind me of the the sleepless nights and the evenings of having to hold a baby constantly due to colic (of whatever that was for a a month or so). I guess I had blocked those things out. Adam can't remember some of it. I think it is a defense mechanism set up to ensure that you have more kids. If you remember exactly how it felt you might be afraid to have more. Thankfully, Sydney sleeps through the night (and I mean 12 hours and good naps) and she was able to do so by at least 6 months (but I am not really sure about that, it may have been later). I know that all babies are different, but I think we will be prepared this time and not make some of the same mistakes.

As much as I would love the baby to sleep in the same room as us for convenience sake (And he will for a week or so I think). I remember what a difference it made when we moved Sydney to her room. It turns out that she was keeping us up and we were keeping her up. In the end, the book I really liked was the 12 Hours by 12 Weeks book. It helps you get them to sleep through stages. I wish I had read it earlier, but she was over 3 months old when I did so it wasn't exactly by 12 weeks that we were really into the program. I liked some of the tips in the No Cry Sleep Solution. One was not always holding the baby while she was sleeping. You put them down flat if they are getting drowsy. A lot of people didn't understand that one. I love to hold a sleeping baby too, but those extra arms are NOT available a night after a few weeks and you are left with a baby that won't go to sleep on their own. We did take some time every now and then to enjoy holding a sleeping baby though. Now, I remember those times fondly, instead of with regret! I guess in the end there is no perfect way to do it and you just have to do what you have to do to survive. And remain sane.

No comments: