Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Crib

We have been holding off buying another baby bed until we knew what we wanted. Sydney is just too small for even a toddler bed so we plan to try to switch her at Christmas. My friend, Shelley, called me the other day from Big Lots and said that they had a Jenny Lind crib (Evenflo brand) there for $80. This one was already assembled. I checked our Big Lots last night and they had them in the boxes for $80. I bought one that matches Sydney's. I would have loved a white one for her room but I guess that most of her furniture will remain stained wood until we can paint them some time this fall. It may be Christmas by the time we finish all that. I am very excited that the crib is in the box and we can just move it and then assemble it when the time comes. I still need to get a mattress. I might upgrade from the mattress that is in Sydney's crib now in case we do a toddler bed for a few years. She might like a "better" mattress though I read that it doesn't really matter. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess!

I have been piddling around today. We are trying to clean the house so we feel like we can actually start packing more boxes. It is hard to decide when you aren't going to use something for the next few weeks. I am still doing some cooking so I am waiting on the kitchen. I don't need my clothes (other than maternity and they would fit in a handbag) so I may stick them in a big box along with my winter boots and shoes. We have packed our movies and we have been watching the ones that didn't make it into the box. The Incredibles, Little Mermaid, Father of the Bride 2, and a season of Arrested Development.

No comments: