Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 05, 2007

4th of July

Our holiday consisted of packing, repairs, and eating. I think we packed and repaired more than we ate, but we did have BBQ for lunch and for supper we spent the evening with friends and they prepared all kinds of food that I am still dreaming about. I am almost not hungry this morning, but I am eating toast anyway. Sydney is still asleep. She didn't go to bed until almost 10 last night. Lately, she won't sleep in a pack n play at someone else's house. She did the other weekend at Adam's parents house, but that was just for naps. Last night, there was no way she was going to bed. She was in a good mood being awake so we just let her go on playing.

Adam's mom and I packed a lot yesterday. I kept thinking that I needed to wait until the last week to pack Sydney's room, but there is a lot to do and I guess anything that we can do now will be better. We left her toys, board books, and clothes. Her closet is nearly empty and her walls also. I was a little afraid that she might be confused and wonder what was happening. I think packing is similar to a game she plays all the time. Take stuff out of things and put them in something else. It think this made it fun for her to watch and "help". Yesterday, Adam and I were talking about packing up the kitchen today and leaving what we might need. I don't know if I have the energy for that. I am pretty tired after getting up at 6:15 yesterday and working until about 5. Thankfully, my back pain has let up for the week. It was still bothering me last Saturday, but Sunday morning it was gone...for now.

My mom has been collecting boxes for us from work and we haven't had to buy any. I did go by the Uhaul place to get tape and a box of bubble wrap. This is wear I got my first "comment" of the pregnancy (from a stranger, I have had plenty from friends and family). "You look like you are about to pop!," said the rail thin Uhaul and Sprint store girl. Um, yea. Pop you! I truly believe this comment was brought on by one of the new shirts my mom bought me. This billowy white thing, while cute, makes me look a little bigger than I believe my other shirts do. I guess I will get my responses ready for days ahead. "Thanks, that is exactly what I want to hear." sounds like a good one. Then the skinny girl refused to let me carry bubble wrap to the car. That was very nice of her, but who did she think was going to be packing a house? Bubble wrap would be a joy to carry.

No comments: