Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

World's Longest Nap

Sydney has been asleep for 3 hours now. Or at least in bed for 3 hours. I think she was playing for the first part. I have made and iced and dotted 50 cupcakes, taken a shower, and started cleaning the kitchen. I am at that point where I think I should check on her to make sure she is ok, but then I don't want to risk the chance of waking her. I know she is fine. I can hear her breathing on the monitor. Surely she will not want to miss Oprah so I think she will wake in the next few minutes. I just realized that I don't have enough chairs for tomorrow night. We have some things packed up in our POD and I forgot that a lot of the chairs are in there. I am hoping that my mom didn't pack her folding chairs in her POD. I think we will have about 25 people and I have counted 14 places to sit in the main living room. Wait, I have a piano bench and a couple of chairs in our bedroom. Where will they go though? I guess some will be in the sun room visiting...I could put some in there.

I tried another Paula Deen recipe today for lunch. Hot Chicken Salad. Not that great. I am going to give it a shot cold this evening or try it on some toasted bread. It was a casserole of sorts. It said to put it in a 9x13 pan but I used half of that and I followed all the directions. I guess it is meant to be eaten in small portions. I am really excited about these cupcakes. I filled the liners right to the top so they would have nice over sized tops. I have a large crown muffin pan but it only makes 6 at a time. I also have a muffin top pan. This is very cool. It gives every bite that crisp top taste. Ok, I think I will check on my little butter bean now. She might like a cupcake.

No comments: