Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 08, 2007

Say something!

I am really trying hard to get Sydney to start saying more words. I decided to try some alternative techniques. This morning she repeated nana for banana back to me when I pointed to it and said banana. I gave her a "piece of candy", which is actually a Gerber Graduates juice chew. She said it again when I asked so I gave her another one. She wouldn't eat it but wanted to carry it around. This was a problem for me so I had to take it away. This was a problem for her. So this set in motion a very bad series of temper tantrums and fussing throughout the morning. Now she is in her bed "cooling off". Next time I will put her in her high chair when she wants to hold the candy instead of eat it. She would probably understand that better. Live and learn.

No comments: