Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 29, 2007

Packing and The History of Our Towels

I am hungry and we have no food. I really don't want to go to the grocery store. It is such a chore. I guess I will have to eat pbj and pretzels for lunch or maybe for second breakfast. I wish I had made lunch plans with a friend to get me out of the house. And I guess I wish I had a friend that could actually go to lunch!

I am starting to think about packing We won't know for a few days whether we will be packing to move straight to a house or to storage. That knowledge will definitely influence how we pack. Regardless, I plan to clean out some things so I have started that. I am working on the master bathroom and I have thrown out a whole garbage bag of lotion, makeup and hair products that we don't need. It will feel nice to show up somewhere with just the shampoo that we currently use (Aveda for me and I am liking it). I have specific make up that I use and I am not interested at this point in keeping other make up colors for exploration. I don't have the time. I didn't even put it on yesterday. I will put it on today though. I always feel better (and look better) when I do.

I am hoping to finish with all the toiletries and move on to sorting good towels from old towels. We can use the old towels for packing and padding things during the move. In regards to towels, I am still trying to decide what is the best color. I started out with white because I thought I could bleach them and keep them looking nice and clean. That didn't work because one always ended up on the floor being used as a bath mat and nothing seemed to restore their look. Then we moved on to cream colored towels. This was a problem because They would be confused with the not-so-white towels and end up getting bleached so they lost their nice look. Next, we bought the gold towels from Sam's. We like them but they don't match our current bathroom and we don't have that many so we end up with the "others".

Adam and I agree that the days are flying by at warp speed. Every night we seem to have something going on, whether it is something out of the house or just dealing with and discussing business and other stuff in the house. I am so glad that he is off most of next week. Hopefully, we can devote that time to packing and spending some quality time together with Sydney since her little life is about to change. I feel bad for her for some reason. I guess when I think back over yesterday I can't remember if we played much together. I think we spent most of the day either napping or hanging out at my mom's while the home inspection was being done. She has become more independent in her play time so I guess I am just used to having to entertain her for most of the day. I am a little worried about all the change coming up with moving and then a new baby. I think she will be excited about the baby and she loves the house we are hoping to get. Probably because it is empty and fun to run in and it has lots of doors for her to close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can call me anytime to meet you for lunch! Seriously, I'm always up for going to eat; I mean it is food, isn't it?
"You've got a friend...."
James Taylor