Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 15, 2007

I am steaming!


I am sooo mad. Sooo mad! I only have 9 weeks left and I just discovered that Ann Taylor Loft has maternity clothes. I am annoyed beyond words! That is my store. All my clothes are from there. I have been checking for t shirts at Old Navy store and online and they never have them in my size. Most other places just don't fit or they are really cheap or really small fitting. I don't even want to look. I had decided to wing it for the next two months. Now what? Should I look at them? Should I buy something? I am tired of seeing myself in the brown dress. Surely others are too? Now I have the same dress in blue. I like them fine. As for the purple frock I bought recently at Target...I am not leaving the house in that thing ever again. I look crazy. I guess I now own my first house dress.

I really need shoes too. Am I making the transformation to denim jumpers? Is this how it happens? I always assumed that those that wear them have had them since they were actually in style (If they ever really were. Like Big Foot, I think there could be a debate.). I say that will never happen to me, but did I ever think I would own a house dress? Well? The past three or four months of my Lucky Magazines are still in their plastic sleeves. Maybe that is what happened. I think that really it is a result of few choices. I won't wear sleeveless (wouldn't last year either) and only a few stores in Jackson sell maternity clothes. Let's face it though, I wasn't that "in style" to begin with. Ok, I am watching way to much What Not to Wear. First episode of the next season will be "Jessica W". This is what happens when you don't watch what you wear when you are expecting. Friend beware! Below is a computer generated picture of me and the new baby a few years from now. If there isn't an intervention that is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My opinion: DEFINITELY buy some new clothes; even though you only have 9 weeks to go! You'll feel better about your pregnant self(as much as you can this late in the game) if you do!
I'm confused about the picture because it actually kind of looks like your house!

Maggie Ethridge said...

Okay- I am thrilled about the Ann Taylor news- sorry it's so late in the game for you, though! Where do we purchase these pieces- in the store or online only? I must know!

Jessica QW said...

I think they are online only??? But then again I haven't set foot in that store. At least someone will benefit!

Jess

Anonymous said...

I recently bought what I thought was a maternity shirt at Target but when I got it home hated it. When I returned it I discovered that it was a maternity swimsuit cover-up. Glad I wasn't out and about in that!

And I say go for a few new pieces, it really will make you feel better.