Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 29, 2007

Freezer

I am having a hard time deciding whether to just use everything in our fridge and freezer over the next two weeks by eating it all (well, Adam would help) or by making some casseroles and soups and freezing them for us during the move/baby getting here. After we got home with Sydney, we ate pizza leftovers for a week. I don't want that to happen again. I think that we can wing it for a week after coming home with a baby, but a move may add a few obstacles to that. I just don't know what to expect. My plan had been to freeze food in preparation of the baby, but now I am thinking I may not have the time. Any opinions on whether it would be worth trying to freeze stuff? Also, what do you think about me going to the beach with Adam at 36 weeks? He has a condo for a business trip. It would be just as hard for me to be here alone with the baby and with lots of things packed up so I think I just might as well go. It is just the 6 hour drive the worries me. We can stop as much as we need to on the way so I can walk around and get Sydney out of the car a bit. Did any of you feel like traveling at that point?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess!

Congratulations on all of this good news (selling your house!)


Have you ever watched Robin Miller's Quick Fix Meals? I like her philosophy.

I prepared a lot of casseroles ahead of time with Joseph, but then I had to cut out dairy so I wasn't able to eat them. I think having some things ahead of time like frozen meat sauce (cooked in bulk) for spaghetti, chili, jambalaya, sloppy joes (RR has a good recipe) is helpful.

Another thing that has helped is to cook one big thing for the whole week then reuse it in different ways. Like a crock pot Roast on Sunday turns into pulled roast sandwiches for Monday lunch and roast over rice for Tues. dinner. Rotisseree chicken is great for chicken salad later, or wraps with fresh tomato and avocado, etc. etc. I'm still working on all of this too. menu planning is a challenge.