Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New Carpet!

Today was a busy day. We had new carpet installed in the only room of the house left with carpet. It didn't take long but I had to rush off to a doctor's appointment. I was there an hour and they only spend maybe minutes with you total. That is fine with me, but I just wish I didn't have to be there so long. I was so tired all afternoon because I only had about 5 hours sleep the night before. I stayed up late and Sydney arose at her usual time. I slept very cofortably last night because we finally got a memory foam topper for our new queen size bed. The full size didn't fit when we switched beds so we have been suffering for a while now. Adam's mom stood in line and fought for it at Hudson's in Yazoo City for us to have it and I have to say it made such a difference last night that I stopped feeling guilty that she had to work so hard to get it. Surely, she will see the benefits of our good sleep. Maybe we will be nicer or win some cash and prizes in some random contest that requires major alertness as part of the skill of winning. If that happens, we will surely share the prizes. I promise. Anyway, I think that my poor sleep has been a combination of mattress and pregnancy. Now I can at least blame the real cause.

I have a new plan to try to get Sydney some good quality outdoor time each day. I am going to take her out after breakfast and before her morning nap. I can avoid some of the heat and I will have the energy (brought on my the memory foam mattress) needed to hoist her up the slide over and over.

The rest of the day will spent trying to get rid of all the stuff that was cluttering the guest room. Only the stuff we really want or NEED to keep will go back in. I just ask myself the following question for each item: Do you really want to pack this and move it across town and then unpack it? This has prompted the trashing of many rolls of good wrapping paper. This all because I seriously doubt that we will have a wrapping room in our new house like Martha Stewart.

No comments: