Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 25, 2007

Potential Move Anxiety





Pictures taken of Sydney swimming this weekend in Yazoo City by Adam's Mom, Lavetta.

We have been waiting and waiting to sell our house and it looks like we have a couple that is interested in making an offer. It could not work out for several reasons. They could change their minds, the offer could be too low and they won't come up, etc. Even still, it kept me up last night with mixed emotions about this potential move. I would be somewhat relieved because this is what we want. I am a little annoyed because we just lowered our price and now we get an offer. That makes me worried that they will still want to bargain us down even though we want to be firm on this price since our house wasn't overpriced, we lowered it to move it quickly. I don't understand what is going on with the market around here.

Moving on with my anxiety, I started wondering where we would live until we found something. Would they want to move it right away? They are in student housing so I am sure they would! Can we hold them off until we find what we want to buy and then when can we move in there? I think it is best to assume that we are going to need a temporary place to live. The odds are slim that we will find something and not have a gap between. That might be hard. Everything is so up in the air. When will the baby be here? Where do we have a our mail forwarded? Will they let you change the address again after a few weeks? Will I be packing boxes or moving boxes when I go into labor (ok, I can probably pack but moving them is out of the question with my back the way it is. Besides my arms aren't long enough now with my stomach in the way.)? Will I even go into labor? Will Sydney be upset by all these changes? New house, new baby, where is my yellow room? What do we take with us to a temporary house and what do we send to storage until we find a house? (We will use PODS because we can have them delivered and picked up.)

I guess everything is so uncertain it makes me nervous. I am even and little sad about leaving this house. What we find may need some work and it won't be as nice as what we are leaving. On the bright side, having something else to think about might help the next 54 days pass by quickly. I say 54 because, by that time, I just might be one of those people who refuses to leave the doctor's office until they agree to take her directly over to the hospital and induce her. I guess I just planned out Sydney's return carefully and I want this one to be the same. I would guess that most people imagine driving home to a cute nursery and putting the baby in the bed and staring at it. I can remind myself that we were in a hotel suite for 10 days with Sydney sleeping in a tiny Eddie Bauer travel fold out basket/box thing and it was great. Of course, there was snow, which makes everything pretty, and I was skinny(er) than now. I know that God has all this planned out for us and I shouldn't worry (I am just "wondering" really). A day after we left Utah there was a huge pile up on the interstate because of all the snow that started when we left. We were kept safe on the roads the whole time we were there. They weren't icy at all, which was good because we have no experience driving in snow.

Well, all of this might be pointless after 3:30 this afternoon (they are returning a third time to look at the attic space and reportedly our Realtor (who is also theirs) is bringing a contract (unless they like one of the house they look at today better, but it was implied that they are just looking at a few so they didn't just buy the only one they looked at). If it doesn't work out then we are back to square one.

No comments: