Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Feed Me!

I am soooo hungry. I haven't felt this way since the beginning. I have had to eat every hour today. Right now I am heating up casserole and green beans and it is only 10 AM. I am trying to eat smaller meals so I don't feel so full, but I think it makes me hungry all the time! Don't tell me this baby needs more food. I think he is growing just fine. We are making an offer on a house today. Actually, it is the one that we had a contingency on in the spring, but our house never sold and the contract ran out. We sort of let it go mentally and emotionally at that point and we were glad that we weren't getting it. We have reevaluated our situation and there are several factors that make us think it just might be the house for us. First, it is the only house available right now. Second, they have come down in price and we are hoping they are desperate so we can get a deal. We looked at it again last night and it was better than we remember. We really want it now, though we will be fine if we don't get it. However, your prayers are appreciated. It is empty and that means that we could move in as soon as possible though there are a few other things that need to fall into place. I have to admit that I think the house thing kept me up all night again. First it was our house sale and now it is buying one. You just worry that you might not be doing the right thing when you decide to buy a house. After all, they are very expensive purchases. I put back note cards at Target sometimes because I don't want to spend $5, so you can understand that this is a little more serious. One inconvenient thing is that we don't have a refrigerator anymore! I loved our fridge, but we threw it in to seal the deal on our sale. It had a vertical cabinet in the freezer for frozen pizzas and it was a magnetic stainless finish. A refrigerator that accommodates pizza. A dream fridge. We can always buy a new one that goes with our new home and if we don't have a new home, we can always live in the box.

Here is a recipe that I made yesterday and it it so good:

Chicken Roll-Ups (Serves 4, but you need a bunch of sides if people are good eaters)

1 1/2 c. chopped chicken (make it small)
8 oz sharp cheese, shredded
1 (8oz) can refrigerator crescent rolls
1 c. milk
1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup

Mix the chicken with half of the cheese in a bowl. Unroll the dough and separate along the perforations. Place 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture in the center of each roll. With 1 point of the roll facing you, fold the 2 side points over the chicken mixture. Fold the other point up toward the center of the roll. Place in a greased casserole. Pour the milk over the rolls. Spoon the undiluted soup over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

No comments: