Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Childbirth Classes

We went to our first childbirth class last night. It was a very crowded class. There were quite a few early people in there. One couple wasn't due until December! And I thought I was an early bird type person. Last night was an overview of the birth process and then we learned some basic breathing techniques. My friend, Beth, said that using what she learned in the this class was all she needed to do natural childbirth. We shall see! We were "late" (ok, just on time) for the class. I wanted to be early so we wouldn't have to sit in the front. If you sit in the back you can make fun of people. (We were in the front so I guess we were the ones being made fun of). Ok, just kidding. I am not that mean. This class is definitely more informative than the childcare class we had to take at St. Dominic's for our adoption paperwork. That class was pointless. It could have been good but it was way too basic and it felt like a waste of time. I am sure someone got something out of it. We will miss the last class and it turns out it is only on post partum care and the tour of the Birthplace. I am going to call today and schedule a private tour. I think I would do this anyway, because like I said our class is huge and that wouldn't make for the best tour.

I have a babysitter this afternoon so I have an appointment to get my hair de-triangled. I have a problem finding someone that is less concerned about my style looking round and more concerned about the flatness on top (hence producing the triangle look). I called and basically said that I didn't have a regular person and I didn't want the cheapest person there, but not the most expensive either. Adam and I are making the switch to Barnette's since we will live near there and we like to go there and occasionally do, but sometimes we are desperate and will go to a place in Clinton.

Speaking of hair, Sydney's hair is so cute in pigtails. She looks like the little girl from Monsters Inc. I will style her hair later and get a picture on here of it.

I just noticed that tomorrow I will be the 50's for days left of pregnancy. I am getting anxious about being done. I had a dream last night that I went into labor and no one seemed interested in getting me to the hospital. Adam was sending emails out saying that I was in labor and I was upset about this because I didn't get to tell them myself. No one seemed interested in keeping Sydney while we were having the baby and we didn't know what to do with her.

I woke up from the dream with a leg cramp and decided to handle it myself instead of involving Adam. So I suffered in silence and used some of the breathing techniques taught in class last night. I finally was able to walk around and that helped. I might try going for a walk before bed tonight and see if that helps. Otherwise, I have no idea what to do.

No comments: