Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Park and Pool

Because Sydney was up at 5:30 this morning for a bit and we put her back to sleep, we ended up at the park at 9 this morning. It was already soooo hot. I guess we will have to shoot for 8 tomorrow. There was no one at the pool and it looked so inviting. After about 15 rides down the slide and the exploration of the grass at the park we went home and put on our swimsuits. I have found the trick to wearing a maternity swimsuit. Put it on and don't look in the mirror. Thankfully I did find some shorts that worked over it and a bid t-shirt (which I did removed before getting in the water). Going to the pool used to be easy. I guess everyone could get themselves out of the car and bring their own stuff. I had sunscreen, towels, keys, a phone, a baby float and a baby. We got in the big pool (something she had not done yet and something I had not done in at least 4 years). It was really nice and I think she was enjoying it. She did not like being out of the float and towards the end of our twenty minute swim she became scared of the float and basically the water. I was hoping we wouldn't have any water fears, but we just might. We are home now and I am thinking that maybe it could be that she was too close to nap time. I guess we need to swim more so she doesn't develop a complex.

No comments: