Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 22, 2007

Party Food

I am sitting at the table of a clean house (one reason I love parties at my house. Gets you in gear) eating leftovers for breakfast. Tiny ham sandwiches on rolls, fruit with dip, and vegetable pizza. I did pass on the mexican cheesecake with chips. I will save that for lunch. Not exactly a breakfast food. Sydney stayed up late last night. Adam kept her down at my mom's and they watched some of the 3rd season of Arrested Development and the 2nd disc of Pride and Prejudice. Now Sydney is still asleep and I am enjoying a chance to wake up gradually. I was on my feet all day yesterday and the day before. I feel pretty good though! Sydney was so good yesterday while we were cooking for the shower. She took long naps and played on the couch with toys while she watched us decorate and cook.

She is starting to become interested in the potty. She is very interested in what we are doing in there and yesterday while I was cleaning the bathroom she walked in and opened her potty and tried to back up to it and sit down. Of course her pants were on so there was no hope for her teaching herself. I have been toying with the idea of training her early. This was actually my plan after finding out that we were expecting a new baby. I hear there is a window at this age where you can do it. Otherwise, they may lose interest and you have to wait a while. All my friends have mostly done it the same way. No pants or diaper around the house and be prepared to clean up some messes. Depending on the age, some take a while and some are done in a day or two. I am just not sure. It would be nice to do it while it is warm and she can go bottomless. I just don't know if I want to add one more thing to my day/life. Adam is traveling less so I won't be pulling many all day and nighters for the next week or so. I guess we will start talking about the potty some and explaining more of what is to be done with it. Good plan. Now I must go give my child a cupcake for breakfast.

No comments: