Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday, Monday


Tonight Adam and I have our first childbirth class. I have devoted most of my lunch to trying to find out if we really need to lug 5 bed pillows into the hospital for the first class. I have a hunch that the person signing up people just tells you that. I think we will stash them in the car and go back to get them if we do need them.

I have been cooking up a storm. I tried a baked spaghetti recipe last night (paula deen) and it basically tasted like regular spaghetti though I think the leftovers are better since all the ingredients are baked into a casserole style dish. I also broke my no sugar rule and made Savannah Cheesecake Cookies. They are good too. The kitchen was a wreck! I am not a neat cooker. I really enjoyed it though. This morning I made the filling for cucumber sandwiches (this afternoon's snack) and a grape salad that has pecans on it. I guess I am really having some cravings. Blueberries are my obsession right now. I eat thawed frozen ones on my bran flakes with splenda, I have the infamous blueberry oatmeal as an alternative, and I bought wild blueberry preserves at the store for my toast. I haven't had any fresh ones yet. Did you know that Blueberries are very high on the anti aging food list? Avocados are on there (split one with Adam last night) as well as nuts (bought some almonds for snacking). I wish they would work soon. I look so puffy and old that the comic book feature on my computer photo booth draws a line under my eye puffiness when it transfers the picture to comic book "look".

No comments: