Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 05, 2006

Twirly Girly


I know that most people are coming here for the pictures so I will get them on here as soon as Adam gets off his conference call tonight.

This is hard starting from scratch. I know each post is a story of its own but you build a blog and that means that every post doesn't have to be fabulous. They can lean on past posts. I need to do another middle of the night post.

Ok, I thought of something. I have decided to stop twirling my hair. Cold turkey. I think it makes me look stupid and/or nervous when I am doing it. And I know it bugs people. It bugs ME. Now I am going to need your help. You can't let me do it anymore. If you see me doing it then you have my permission to slap my hand. Let me explain the twirl. This is something that I have done since childhood. I don't know why I do it. It isn't something I do when I am nervous or anxious. I just do it all the time. When I think, drive, navagate the New York City subway system, when I am excited about something, or bored, I twirl my hair. New York City was actually where the double twirl was born. Those subway maps are confusing! There are several myths about my twirling that I must clear up before I give it up. I don't want to give it a bad rap. Myth #1 - the twirling was what caused me to have hand surgery. I was the big mouth that proposed this possibility. Unfortunately, my family thought it was hilarious and kept it going. The fact is that no one knows what causes trigger finger but some cases have been linked to repetitive motion. So basically it remains a mystery (I am sooo mysterious) Myth #2 - it is the reason my hair is curly. Now that is just plain silly. Obviously, my hair is curly by design and twirling it actually makes it less curly over the course of the day. So there you have it.

Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the hair twirl. It doesn't bother me. I know this is the wrong post, but could you send some of that home-churned butter to work with Adam?