Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bad Day(s)

I don't know what is going on. It seems like the past week has been a whirlwind of bad days with a few good days mixed in. Last week I broke down in the hood while on the way home from work. I take the back way home so it was bound to happen eventually. My car slowed to a stop from 45 mph and I am sure the cars passing could hear me saying Noooooooo! at the top of my lungs. I waited in the hot sun for 45 minutes for help in the parking lot of a tire place on Bullard Street. There was one other car there and it had the word "Sexy Slim" decaled on the front windshield. I barely cracked the window for air so I was practically melting in the car. I occupied myself by watching the inner workings of the establishment where I was parked. It seem auto-ish enough but surprisingly (and to my relief) not one person asked if there was a problem though I was parked in their tiny. Yet, I did what any average southern woman would do. I put on my lipstick and waited for the tow truck driver.

With my car in the shop, I have had transportation issues. The day of the breakdown (the car's, not mine) I waited for my mom to pick me up at the gym, later that day. She couldn't find her cell phone so she was going to be a while and I was ready to get home. You would think I could find someone to pick me up but there was not one immediately available. So I decided to kick up the workout and walk home. I took the back way through downtown Clinton and it only took about 25 minutes. I was not so happy with my choice to run 3 miles at the gym after lifting weights about halfway through the walk home. I was also kicking myself for forgetting my sunglasses. The walk through the neighborhood was interesting because every other house was getting a new roof and I am afraid that that particular day was not the best day to wear the unintentionally suggestive t-shirt to the gym. I ended the day with sushi so that made me happy in the end.

Adam just went to get my car tonight. I don't know why it took so long. We tried to pick it up twice but barely made it out of the parking space before it stopped working. I don't care about that anymore. I am just glad I have a car again. My bike has a basket on the front but you can't get many groceries at one time with it... So tomorrow is grocery day. Yea.

No comments: