Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Boring post...don't read it.

Can't you listen to directions? Don't you trust me? I said it was boring, yet you are still reading. Last night I went to the spinning class offered at my gym. I have been several times but I do not claim to be the expert. My friend, Becky, had never tried it so we decided to go in place of our run. The class was half full with mostly men. Becky and I assumed this class to be more attractive to men, over some of the other classes offered, because "biking" is a manly sport. I would imagine that some of the men get on the bikes in the room and imagine themselves something of a local Lance Armstrong. Maybe you think I am being hard on these poor guys. They really brought it on themselves. You see I have never been in a class where I felt like people were really looking and judging my effort or capability. I may have thought they were before, but after last night I realize that, in the past, I was wrong. Last night they were looking. The teacher was a tall buff woman that played good music loud enough that we could barely understand the instructions. I did make out some Whooo! 's and some ooooowwww!'s (think something akin to a howling wolfman) throughout. Really she was a good teacher that kept her eye on our form and speed. But the men, three in particular, kept turning around and looking back like they were checking to see if we were laying on the floor (which I could have been had my feet not been strapped to the pedals). However, their looks were not justified because I had my this-is-no-problem-for-me face on the whole time. They kept looking back as if to see if we were keeping up. I felt like saying "we have been two feet behind you the whole time, the bikes don't actually move, and by the way I think you need to go down a size in the exercise shorts". Still it was a good workout and we may go back on Monday. I just think it is so interesting to watch all these men check themselves out in the mirror at the gym. This is something you do at home where no one can see. My favorite is the strategically ripped t-shirt. Then again any see through mesh garment is worse.

Ok, so enough about the gym. I am sorry that Adam hasn't put the promised pictures on flickr. I hid all his socks this morning so maybe he will learn to do what I ask... Last night all three of us went to Chick-fil-a. I went to Walmart after and actually had a list but I still ended up cruising the aisles just looking and dropping random stuff into my basket. I don't understand how anyone has any money with Walmart around. There is always something that you "need". You just don't know it until you get there and see it. Next time I am only going to buy the things that I think of before I go. If I am standing in the bathroom and think that I need some bath mats then I will put that on the list and buy them. It never crossed my mind until I saw them in Walmart.

Oh, by the way, my car broke down again yesterday. I am so annoyed. Adam had to come get me and then we picked up Syd. She smiles so much now. It is so cute. I saw all the babies leaving the H2O Babies class at the gym last night. They were so cute. I think I am going to sign her up for a class in August. This would require me to be in a swimsuit so this might be good for me. Sydney is also making so much noise. Adam thinks that she actually said a sentence the other day. We have it on video. I really need to get to editing all that. J

2 comments:

Kat said...

Good morning Jessica! Thanks for the gym laughs...they are always so funny. I loved the one on your gym shorts. :-) Funny you should mention wolf howls. I was just writing something about those myself (for a post)...i have been howling like a baby wolf when i get little birth pains.

Kat said...

Oh yeah, btw, i edited the post i published about you yesterday as it was too long. Now THAT was a boring read. I know i'm wierd. You're post was not boring.