Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 12, 2006

Look at me, look at me

Sydney now demands that all our attention be on her at every moment. She will play some on the floor, but she will let you know when you have been away too long. Her crying has also reached a new level. Deliberately loud. I have decided that I need new system for getting her ready to go places. I like to be able to leave at a moment's notice, but this usually results in me frantically packing a diaper bag and I will most certainly forget something. I am going to try to replinish the bag after each use for the rest of the week. I will keep you updated on this very interesting topic, I promise.

Now for an update on my hair twirling. I have not stopped. I am more aware of it now. Typically, I wouldn't notice that I was doing it, but now I catch myself and I think that is a big step for me. Some of the time I just stop and other times I find myself wondering why I would want to stop. One reason I know I need to quit is that the way I act about it reminds me of more serious addictions. Just one more time. Or I will quit tomorrow so I will twirl as much as I want just one last time. Or I can control it so it won't be a big deal if I keep on, I can stop if I want to stop. I will tell you what I need, I need a twirlers annonymous group. I am not getting the support I need from my friends and family though. The other night Adam and I went to a party and then stopped by Barnes and Noble with some friends. Our friends were in a separate car behind us and as soon as Adam's cell phone rang I new why they were calling. To tell me to stop twirling my hair. Now that is friendship. Sadly, this is the only time that someone has told me to stop since I announced this change.

Wow, I have really gone on and on about really boring stuff. J

I am changing the Mystery Link today....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up girl. i love reading your funny posts. Left a comment on the "come to my window" one last week but somehow it didn't stick. I guess i'm not so bright.

Anonymous said...

Oh i see it did stick. Only i wrote it under the wrong post. Yep, I'm not so bright.

Anonymous said...

Dear Twirly Girly-We can go to TGA (twirly girls anonymous) together because I can TOTALLY relate to your habit/addiction. I do the same thing except I don't have curls so I look even more stupid because I just run my fingers through my hair and I start from the root and go all the way to the end (alternating both hands at times) (sometimes while driving)!!! Talk about scary huh??? I have thought about quitting many times myself and even when the kids were little I would give them a quarter for every time they caught me doing it. It became evident very quickly that I was going to go broke if this continued because they were constantly telling me that I owed them money!!....Gee, I just paused in my writing of this comment to run my fingers through my hair!!!!!!SOMEBODY HELP ME!!! I've done this since I was a small child too and I think I did it because it was so relaxing. I know that to others reading this, you all are wondering why we can't just relax with a good book. Well, at this point, I'm wondering the same thing. Actually, when I am curled up with a book, I'm still playing with my hair!! Oh well Jess, I just wanted you to know you're not alone out there in the twirling world and if you do ever figure out a genious way for you and I to quit cold turkey and survive it, please call me!!! Love ya, your twirling partner. Aunt Tracy