Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Gym Shorts

I went to the gym this evening and I started thinking about something while I was breaking a sweat. Why do I wear pants to the gym in the summer? I see all sorts of people wearing shorts, yet, I feel weird wearing them. I am not sure if I am waiting to get in shape to wear them or if it is the fact that they ride up in the back when you walk or run on the treadmill. I lifted weights and then I did the step class. Ok, I did 30 minutes of the 45 minute class. It is hard to leave mid class. You have to walk out with purpose so you don't look like you can't take the heat. You have to look at your watch, gather your things and put the step away, and then walk quickly out like you have stayed there as long as possible and now must get on with your very important life. The trick is to make it look like you worked in this 30 minutes even though you really had no time for it. You must not hobble out or look winded at any point. As you get to the door you give the instructor a little wave to say thank you for meeting my daily exercise needs. You are really thinking thank you for making me feel inferior to the guy sporting the spandex shorts and weird fanny pack water dispenser. Of course he can stay. He is wearing a light weight fabric that moves with him. I am wearing the pants. J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post had me in tears.

Anonymous said...

Because of you I went out and bought a pair of gym shorts today. I don't want to be that person in the pants.