Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sleep is the word of the day.

Sydney was up crying again last night. I think she is teething (along with finishing off a cold) and she will not take her tylenol. We have the kind that melt in your mouth (tablets, I wish they had the strips), but she wasn't interest last night. We thought about forcing the liquid down her mouth, but she was so upset anyway we thought it might not work and then she would be even more awake. I think Adam finally let her cry it out sometime after midnight. Morgan gave Adam a fun time while I went out to eat with friends last night. When I got home I fed him and he was acting "colicky" so I decided to try some Gripe Water. He gagged and spit up all over me, himself, and the kitchen floor twice. Then he fell asleep. Not sure what to think about that.

I did get to go to Target after dinner and I bought something interesting. I was looking for bed rails for the twin bed in Sydney's room. We are just using the mattress on her Jenny Lind bed (actually the box is under it on the floor and the mattress is just sitting on top of that). I new I might have a dilemma with traditional rails because of the mattress set up. The answer to the problem may be BedBugz inflatable bed bolsters. The ones I bought are a dark denimish chambray. The cool thing is that the are slip covers for the inflatable parts so I can make them cute by adding fabric or a monogram (I might not do the monogram since Morgan will use them one day, but that would be really cute). We are trying to get Sydney used to the bed by having it in her room and letting her get on it. Right now she has a sheer bed tent on it and she loves that. That may help or it may make her thing that the bed is for playing. She is still such a baby that I don't think we will make the move until Christmas or her birthday in January. I wish she could go ahead because I am really trying to get rid of some of the extra furniture in her room. I have decide to not have a changing table in her room anymore. I can use Morgan's for the rest of the time. I am not brave enough to try potty training yet.

As an update to Morgan's feeding. I fed him at 7:30 instead of 7:15 this morning and I am hoping that riding in the car to take Adam to the airport will help him wait until 11.

1 comment:

Maggie Ethridge said...

If you want to save yourself the trouble of making covers for the bolsters- I know several people who have just put pillows under the sheets. Maybe you could do that with the bolsters.

Had a great time last night- thanks for calling!