Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Running

I am officially crazy. I have agreed to run part of a marathon relay in the MS Blue Marathon. I only have to run part of the marathon, but for someone who just had a baby and hasn't been able to call herself a runner since The Cranberries were the thing to have playing in your car as you left the school parking lot. I should be able to sufficiently run 5 miles by January. I know it can be done. The problem is that with it being so far away it is hard to get focused and actually do the work it takes to run 5 miles, but do need that much time to get in shape. I found a couch to 10k program online and I think I am going to try to follow it. The only problem is how to measure the distances. The schedule changes each day and week. I think it will be good to run in the neighborhood since it is actually held in Fondren. Talk about cold though. I remember doing a 5k in February (years back) with a friend and we were freezing! Technically, I should be out today running/walking a mile. I am not though. It is going to be a challenge in more ways than one. It will be hard to find the time to run with two kids. I don't have a jogging stroller (yet) and even if I did, there are so many hills around here, I would promptly need medical assistance. If I wait until Adam gets home I will be taking up what little time I have at night with him and once the time changes it will be too dark for me to be out running by myself. My solution is to find someone to run with two evenings a week and to make Saturday and Sunday my other days (I need to run at least 4 or 5 days a week according to the plan). My brother expressed an interest in running during the week so maybe that would work out. I am so slow though, I could probably find a walking buddy and they could walk as I run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'll be your running partner with you. I need to get back into it anyway. I was running every day when we lived with the Oswalts, and am embarrassed to say that I haven't been running even once since we've moved into our house. And I'm slow too, so we should make a good, but slow team :-)