Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

We have a date!

Monday, August 6th will be the day! I am sure most people know this by now, but I had to post it. I will be having a c-section that morning. Hopefully on time, but you know how that goes. I am trying to come up with a nice meal to have on Sunday night that will keep me full through Monday morning. I am a breakfast eater so it will be hard to not wake up to something. Even water! I think that is crazy. My mouth is always so dry in the morning, so I am hoping that everything will be on time so I can have something drink asap or that I won't care that I haven't had anything after it is over.

What is really funny about desperation is that you will agree to or except just about anything. A month ago I had all kinds of questions about the c section and what would happen and how it would go. Can I have visitors in the recovery room? What kind of pain medicine will I get? Will I know what I am being given before it is given? Will I care? Yesterday, I was in so much pain (I am guessing from the pressure of a big baby and me standing too much during the move) that I had to hold back tears before the doctor came in because I was afraid that she was going to say that she wanted to wait another week. I also know that all pregnant women have some kind of pain(s) so I felt stupid complaining or acting like I have the worse ever. To my surprise they did another ultrasound to check the baby's "practice breathing" and other stuff. They did give us a weight estimate (though not as accurate at the end we have a good track record of weights so it is pretty trustworthy). 8.8 No, that isn't a score. It is the weight at 37 weeks and 3 days. So, I told the doctor of my issues and after leaving the room a minute while the nurse rechecked my blod pressure, she returned with a c section date. Just what I wanted. A decision. A date. Something to tell me when this will end and whole new phase of pain and tiredness will begin. I am just looking for something new I guess. Of course, she gently said that a c section was what she felt was the way to go and I readily agreed and didn't bother with any of my questions. What does it matter anyway? I didn't have to beg that it be earlier. She picked a day that gave me time to get the house in order and run errands (or have someone do them). I didn't cry (though I think I was teary) in front of her. I felt relief knowing when. She already had a time worked out. No food after midnight and we don't have to be there until 7 AM. She wants me to stay off my feet until then to control the pain I am having. I am really trying.

We are really excited, but there is tons to do. Last night, a group of friends and family (well, I should just say family, because that is what they are when they are willing to root through your junk and make sense of it...among other things). We now have den unpacked and put away and the pantry items are within reach. This makes things a lot easier. I have a list of things to do today though I don't know how that falls in with the stay off your feet plan. I am going to go get a microwave for sure and the rest (drop off modem to comcast, return babies r us stuff, have extra keys made, buy a crib mattress and find cradle sheets, stop by Baptist to check out the hospital rooms in case I get a choice of the double room which is good for closing off visitors while you are doing baby and hospital stuff or the executive room which has a nicer look and feel to it). I am sure the list goes on but that is the list for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to meet baby Morgan!! (is it close enough now where I can start calling "it" by his name??)