Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 10, 2007

Recovery

We are home. We actually came home on Wednesday. The doctor let us come home a day early. I was trying very hard to do everything I was supposed to do to have an optimum recovery and to get home early. We succeeded and I have to say that I was glad to leave that hospital bed. The only good purpose it served was to act as a crane for me as I lifted and lowered myself while sitting on the side of the bed. The nurses were great. They didn't come in an bother us during the night. Adam stayed with me the two night I was there. We did send the baby to the nursery at night and they would bring him to me when we appeared hungry. I say appeared because he really would sleep all the time and never eat. This was discouraging to me (to say the least) as I am trying to nurse him.

As an update to the coming home outfit, I am pleased to announce that it was found in the garage in a plastic bin on top of an extra refrigerator. The entire family was looking for it on Tuesday night and it was finally found by Adam's father who probably has the best few of tops of refrigerators of anybody being as tall as he is (and he was also the last to see the outfit during the move so he was able to sense where it was). So Morgan wore the outfit home and pooped in it on the way home so no pictures were taken. We did get video of Sydney greeting her brother. She leaned down to him while he was in his carrier and told him all sorts of things. Probably things about how the house is run and which are the best toys and what he can and can't touch of hers. She seemed to want to share with him right away so I think we are off to a good start. He was wide awake during that time and has pretty much slept constantly since then. Sydney has been super sweet and cute, but I am sorry to say that she seems more grown up since we left for the hospital.

I think I can say that we are having a good experience, but I do think that the move (only one week prior to the birth) has presented most of the challenges. The house is pretty together, but I am not used to where things are and there are a few things that still need to be unpacked and organized. Sydney doesn't seem to play in her room as much as she did in Clinton. I think it is a proximity thing. We have a wonderful den or family room (whatever you call it) and we spend most of our time in there. Sydney has been greeting visitors for the past few days and nights. It has been fun having people drop in. I think that living "in town" has brought more of that and we love it.

Adam and I are already exhausted, but we have had both of our moms helping us at home the past few days and it makes it easier. We have been waking Morgan to eat because he lost weight before leaving the hospital. We had our 2 day check up and found that he is back up in weight so we don't have to wake him at night anymore (just wait for him to wake and want to nurse). That is a relief, though you know he will demand it every two house now just for the fun of it.

More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No pictures of him in his coming home outfit?? Maybe you could've just cropped out the poop or something!