Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 10, 2007

C-Section

I have to say that C-Sections are an easy way to have a baby. They just aren't the easiest way to do anything after that point! I had imagined that I would have the normal type delivery with the fun of anticipation of going into labor. I had all sorts of do's and don't's mentally and literally listed out for Adam and my mom to remember. When the talk of a c section started, most of that went by the way side and I started thinking and worrying about what surgery would be like. When would I see the baby? When would our family see the baby? Would I be wheeled around the hospital halls for all to see drugged up and wearing a funny hat. In the end, I decided that I couldn't control those things. They would happen how they would happen. My mom set me up with a nurse that we have known since I was a little girl (and she worked with) so I had someone that could answer all that. Yes, you can wear your contacts. Yes, you can wear socks. Sure, your family can come in the L/D room you are in after you leave and Adam can bring the baby to the room on the way to the nursery.

I made the decision that I didn't want to see anyone before the surgery. I was trying to have a good experience and avoid panicking. I knew that if someone came in to say hello or give a "you'll be fine" I would start crying and believe that I would never make it out to see my family again. I think I made the right decision. The morning was relaxing and I was excited to get started. I had to actually walk across the hall to the OR in my gown and funny hat and though I didn't see anyone I know, there were construction workers at the end of the hall on the outside that could see in through a window! Oh well!

I have to say that the recovery from the surgery has been what I expected. People said that it wouldn't be that bad and others said that it would be. I think it hits somewhere in between with a little more on the bad side during the night. Maneuvering in and out of bed is the hardest part. We are still recovering from the move so Adam is a little out of it during the night, but he willingly gets up to hand me the baby after a few nudges and repeating his name about 3 times.

No comments: