Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Time is flying!

I was just trying to arrange a babysitter for my doctor's appointment next week and while looking at the calendar I realized how close it is getting. I am going to the doctor every two weeks now (I can't believe it was only a week ago that I was there!) and I noticed that our childbirth classes will start before I have a chance to go again (after next week's appointment). And the classes are scheduled for a normal time in the pregnancy. Usually, I would schedule things way early just like I get to the movie the recommended 30 or more minutes before the start. I played it cool this time because I realized that I couldn't require Adam to change his work schedule to accommodate the classes when we could have taken them later...

I am pleased right now because it is raining (though a fly is putting a damper on my blogging experience right now, by making me smack myself repeatedly like a crazy person) and the house was supposed to be shown this afternoon but was switch until tomorrow. This gives me more time and a reason to not let the house slip back to the way it was last night. The floors are mopped, 5 loads of laundry are completed (folding and putting away included!) and Sydney is taking a nap. I did eat 4 oreos though.

Anyway, back to time flying. I have already found several events that I can uses as little markers along the way. This always helps me pass the time. I think that may be one of the reasons they have you come to the doctor so often towards the end. They must know that time gets slower as you get bigger.

Last night we took Sydney out to eat and I am proud to report that it was actually a good experience. We had given up taking her out for a while but realize that she really needs the practice more than time to get into a different stage (right now she wants to walk everywhere not to mention her constant whining. I know the grandparents don't believe the whining part, but you are entertainment when you are here). Our trick last night was to hold her until the food got to the table. That way she wasn't too tired of the high chair. It actually worked.

No comments: