Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 25, 2007

A Good Day

We have had a good day. I needed one. It started with Sydney sleeping until 7:15 this morning. Last night Adam and I were sitting around after she went to bed and Adam said "she is so cute, I want to go wake her up and hold her". I said, " if she makes a noise in the next 15 minutes I am going to go get her". This was at 9:30pm. You would think that people who were so desperate to see and hold her would have been happy to accommodate her when she started whining at 1am but we were much different people at that point. Somehow I have Adam convinced that she would rather see him during the night (this was achieved by making the observation that she looks for him when I go to her), but last night he got firm and she that she needed to work it out for herself this time. So we waited to see if the fussing escalated. It didn't and she was fine. Had the noise gone to another level we would have gone to see. This morning there was a paci still in the bed so I think she was just wanting to see what we were doing.

This must have helped her with her day because she took a good nap this morning. We did our play and learning time after lunch and now she is asleep for a late nap. I have been wanting to get her napping later instead of right at noon. Maybe this will be a change for us. Sundays are always hard and we tend to get off schedule that day so we may have to adjust something next week.

Last night Sydney was visited by her Mimi and Pop (Adam's parents) and they brought the tiniest, cutest little crocs for her in lime green and another pair in pink. She thought she was something in those shoes and pranced around clapping at herself. We would all applause over nothing and she was ok with that. I will post pictures of her in the shoes when I can get some.


No comments: