Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Maternity Wardrobe and other things

A few weeks ago I was thinking that I was happy with my three t shirts and capri pants for the week days. Now I am tired of them. They are shrinking! Ok, THEY are not shrinking and neither am I. I hesitate to share this because I dread the comments that come with it, but there is no way to keep it a secret. Ready? The baby is huge! I am not saying this because I think that I am huge (though sharing this fact has gotten a few "I thought your stomach looked bigger than usual" comments). This was confirmed by an ultrasound and the doctor. 3.4 pounds at 27 weeks. 97% percentile. My "book" and baby center emails say that most babies are 2 pounds at this point. I decided to share because I know that a few of my friends carried big babies and I need some encouragement and consolation. I think because of the increased size of the baby and my low iron, I am experiencing some of the inconveniences of late pregnancy a little early. I can't tie my shoes without a struggle and turning the air conditioner on full blast. If I even sit on the couch without a pillow behind my back I immediately have trouble breathing. Forget laying on my back for a few minutes to read in bed. I am staying on my left side like a good girl, but my left hip and leg either become numb or radiate pain throughout the night so I wake to find a better position. One good thing is that I have something else to complain about instead of my sinuses.

Ok, I will talk about something happy now so you don't think that I am not pleased to be having a baby. I am very happy that we will soon have a baby and I can't wait until he is here. I am trying to pick out announcements and actually had myself looking at ideas for making them. I am going to be realistic and just buy them. I will print them myself though. I like to get them out before it is old news. I might treat myself to looking at some today before we look at a house (pointless probably since everything sells so fast). Ours is still ours. :( Looks like the likelihood of us moving during the birth or possibly not having a house to come home to is increasing. I can go with the flow though. I can make box labels between contractions while at the hospital.

1 comment:

Maggie Ethridge said...

You've just reminded me of why I was really supposed to consider adoption this time around- oh well, too late!! I can totally relate to the no possible comfortable position and the excrutiating hip pain. I completely gave up trying to sleep in our bed. It was too hot and too uncomfortable. If they start talking C-section closer to time, give me a call, I'll give you all the nitty gritty. I can promise you, you don't want to do a 9-1/2 pounder au natural! I can also say, that somehow, you'll magically forget what this feels like. You'll remember that you were miserable, but you want really remember exactly what it felt like. It's really weird, but trust me- here I am, two years later back in the saddle!!