Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 25, 2007

Projects

As I clean out our guest bedroom this weekend, I plan to organize my projects so I can actually start or finish them. We are getting new carpet in there. This is only room in our house that has carpet and it is pink so we are hoping that a change will help our house sell soon. Here are the projects that I need to complete.

Sydney's First Year Scrapbook/baby book (this is most important because I will need to begin a new one soon) - see my ideas on scrapbooks below

Transferring mini dv tapes to DVD and possibly editing some into cute videos with music

Printing pictures in general and getting them into family albums

Finish a smocked dress that I am working on for Sydney.

Sew some shorts for Sydney (I already have them cut out and ready to go, but I can't find the red thread)


My Plan/Theory on Scrapbooks for children

I have found that baby books don't have the room for all the stuff that they should (unless you can find the three-ring binder kind like my friend Christy) so I plan to supplement a baby book (mine has space for a few details up until kindergarten) with a first year scrapbook. I figure I can do one year. After the first year, I plan to start a birthday scrapbook for each child and do a one or two page spread on each birthday party. That way they will have their parties, guests and themes documented in one place and you will really see how they grow. When they get older they can do it themselves. I will consider helping with one in high school because I have a friend that hired someone to do her daughter's (she would take her the pictures, letters and stuff each month during her senior year) and it was so awesome.

I just don't have the time to dedicate to scrapbooking so I am not going to do it. I will do family picture albums by year and save pictures they colored and cards they made just like my mom did. Another friend of mine put all her pictures in a scrapbook (not the post-bound kind but the strap kind) and just lined them up (she even rounds the corner, which looks awesome) and uses a black pen to label them under the picture. She covers the page with a plastic sleeve. The result is unbelievable. I am inspired!

No comments: