Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 18, 2007

hello


Sydney swinging. Notice the scraped knees from some serious play.

Well I think the tiring stage is here. I don't know why I am surprised that I am tired. Adam and I both are tired. The night before last I was hopeful that I might get some sleep and as Adam slid into bed he aggravated a pinched nerve (sustained years ago while helping someone paint) while taking his shirt off. If he had only fallen asleep in his daytime clothes like I had he could have avoided this. Unfortunately this was at 12:30 am so by 1 am I was calling family members trying to procure a muscle relaxer (never found one) and by 1:30 am I was emptying frozen pecans from the only available ziplock bag to make an icepack. By 1:45 Adam was asleep and I was laying in bed listening to the unusual sound he was making from sleeping on his back with a crumple-y ice pack under his neck. This must be practice for what is to come. Sleepless nights. Thankfully, Sydney is pretty good about sleeping all night.

Yesterday I went to Target while taking advantage of the last Mother's Morning Out of the school year. Remembering how tired I was that morning as I rushed around the house getting it in showing condition (we are still trying to sell) in case someone wanted to look while we were out, I came up with the brilliant idea that I should go ahead and buy everything I need for the summer because I will only feel worse as it heats up and will probably only leave the house when the world becomes air conditioned or when I have the baby (whatever comes first). The other day I made a list of things that I need for the new baby and for going to the hospital. I listed everything down to travel shampoo for me. So 1 hour and 2 or 3 bathroom trips later I had my cart full of lap pads, bibs, travel toiletries, a father's day gift, a teacher gift, metallic gel pens (for me...I am not sure why), wrapping supplies, pacifiers, one snickers, bassinet sheets, bottles, a hanging closet organizer, one diet coke to counteract the snickers, a new sleep positioner with a flat head prevention system (we loved the one for Sydney but it was worn out) and more. I still have a lot on my list but I think most can be achieved through Walmart or baby boutiques.

I keep calling my friends and asking them if symptom here is normal. Finally, Amy said that anything unusual can be considered a side effect of pregnancy. Each time a new month rolls around I check my "Everything Pregnancy Book" and see that I am right on track with most the symptoms. Thankfully I have been able to avoid some of the more undesirable issues. Yesterday I felt the baby moving and I was able to actually make out a real and continuous movement. Usually it is just a kick, but this was different. I could press back and he would press and slide whatever it was, hand, elbow, or foot, from side to side. It was a weird feeling and I described it to Adam as the point where I really thought "there is a person in there". I have known that all along, of course, but I just hadn't connected with the thought.

2 comments:

Laura Young said...

love the picture. she looks so happy!!

Anonymous said...

I learned in childbirth class that foaming at the mouth can be a side-effect of pregnancy. Give me back pain anyday over that! Gross!