Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 08, 2007

She plays


Sydney and I built a tent using Morgan's play mat and her chair. Why is this so fun? Speaking of playing...On a side note, I of course stepped on the scale this morning as I always do (at least 3 times a week). I try not to let it discourage me earlier in the week, but as Tuesday approaches (that is my official weigh day) I start to worry. This morning I was down 3 pounds from yesterday morning. Either I have not hit a plateau (which Adam says can only be considered when one has not been able to lose for at least a month and they are doing all they should/can - again, a skinny person's definition) or Sydney has been playing on my digital scale again and has essentially broken it to my favor. I considered the latter at first so I tested it with a five pound weight added to mine and it seems to be ok. Is that an accurate way to test it? Not sure, but I choose to believe that it is real. So maybe no plateau for now, but I still need to be good today. Good thing we have nothing that I would want to eat in the house.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I had to share that I visit your blog atleast 3 times a week and I think you are such a great writer. Have you ever thought of writing professionally? You have such a nack for it. I enjoy the pics (& I show Carol too) and your words of advice. It is very helpful for a first time mom-to-be. I have 5 weeks left, if I can make it that long...lol I read that you you are very busy, but we would love to visit with you if you get a chance to stop by sometime.
Good luck with the 5k,
Connie, Medical Records

Jessica QW said...

Connie-
I am so excited that you are almost holding your new baby! I would love to stop by. I need to get Adam to drop me off and make a few loops though. The parking situation is what is keeping me from visiting you all. I may be able to swing a visit with must Morgan one day while Sydney is at Mother's Morning Out. I miss everyone...but I am certainly glad I am home!

Anonymous said...

My scale does that every now and then. Even though I want to believe it, but against my better judgment I can't. I just have to keep in mind,"There is no way that one could loose 3 pounds from last night to this morning.Someone told me once that if you see that kind of difference from the night to the morning, it is just because that is the longest stretch of not eating,and also you always way less in the morning.But it's always exciting to at least see, though:-)

Jessica QW said...

I only weigh in the mornings at the same time on days I weigh. That seems to keep it more accurate. I guess time will tell!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm certainly impressed with how great your sticking with your diet and exercising! Don't get discouraged,I'm sure it will all pay off in the end!

Lisa Huntington said...

I always weigh in the mornings too; that is when most of the diet/exercise books I've read say it gives you your most accurate weight. However, I have a particularly ornery scale. I always weigh at least twice to make sure I get the same thing both times and that I'm "truly" the weight it says. I had to weigh 6 times this morning in order to get the same thing twice in a row. Thank goodness the end result was a pound less than yesterday or I would have had a few choice words for that scale!