Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Budgy's Campaign


Does that title grab your interest? Let me tell the story of how "Budgy" came to be his nickname around town and why you may hear the phrase "Budgy McBudgerson for Governor". Budgy comes from Budgy Pudgy, because that is just what he is. Naturally, Budgy needs a last name so McBudgerson made sense since Sydney was Lovey McLoverson (I say "was" because we eventually start calling them by their intended names. Ok, sometimes we still use her cute names.). Adam and I are pretty silly when it comes to the kids. We make up songs, names, and sometimes even commercials. Very early one morning I, in a delirious state, remembered all the campaign commercials I had been watching during the late night feedings and holdings and came up with a commercial for Budgy. It went something like this..."Hi, I am Budgy. Budgy McBudgerson - for Governor. I care about Mississippi. It seems like yesterday I was just born here. Vote for me Budgy McBudgerson." (then in a quick voice overhead) "Paid for by the friends of Budgy McBudgerson for Governor." Ok, so just to amuse my family, who have found the thought of him running for Governor pretty entertaining, we took a few campaign shots of him wearing what is absolutely the cutest hat I have ever seen (given by Morgan's Great Aunt Tracy. There is actually an entire outfit, but he doesn't fit in it yet...give him a few days). I can promise that there will be many more pictures to come in the hat, because Adam has a hat just like it (though plaid) that I bought him last year from Banana Republic and I want Morgan to wear the entire outfit for those pictures. Sigh. It is just all too adorable for me to handle. Anyway, here he is in a onesie that I just had to buy for him a few weeks back. Ok, enough silliness. Enjoy.



5 comments:

Maggie Ethridge said...

Way too cute. Thanks for posting, I needed a smile. The whole getting ready for Wilson's b'day party, packing to move, spending the entire morning at the doctor, and trying to maintain some simblance of a household was starting to get to me!! I love the hat & onesie.

Jana said...

Adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

He looks HILARIOUS!!!
Just don't let Charlotte see him dressed like that....she HATES babies dressed like little men; but I LOVE IT!!! :-)

Laura Young said...

i'd vote for budgy!

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing. And that onesie!!