Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Crafty Copy Cat

Ragan and I have planned for some time now to make shadowbox art for our kids' rooms. I have to tell you that we got the idea (ok, ripped off the idea) from Maggie. Thankfully, I don't remember what hers exactly looked like so I had to come up with my own stuff. The one thing I do remember is that Maggie used cardboard for the letters (by peeling the top layer off a piece of a box), but it was too cute and perfect for a boy to not copy that part. So thanks Maggie for your inspiration. I wish you could have seen me and Ragan crafting away and making a huge mess. It was fun though and I think we are going to make craft night a regular occurrence. Anyhow, here are pictures of my shadow boxes.
As you can see, I opted for a transportation theme in anticipation of a quilt that Morgan is getting for Christmas. The train, car, and letters were all drawn and cut out by hand. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. You can't tell from this picture, but each one has a three dimensional element to it with either the cardboard and by using raised stickers on the back of the train, hence the need for the "shadow box". Ok, so you can tell I am excited about this. I just really needed something for his walls and I am so glad that this worked out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE them!!
I wish we could have seen ourselves just crafting away making the hugest mess :-) It was fun! We should make "craft night" a regular occurance.

Maggie Ethridge said...

Great job! They look awesome! As soon as we move, redo the house, and I give birth, I want an invite to craft night.

Laura Young said...

i like it, i love it. i want some more of it.