Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Progress

I have a HUGE list of things that I need to do and I think I am finally making some progress. It is so easy to procrastinate. It is even easier to give in when I should stand strong. Yesterday, Morgan waited 4 hours between his feedings (with the exception of the last before bedtime). Sydney went without her paci during the day. I have found that I have to be on my toes with some of these changes. The success really depends on me. If I can work these things into a routine I think they are more willingly received by the kids. If I forget to have Sydney throw the paci in the bed when I get her out (it is sort of a game to throw her bear and paci in there) then it is harder to get it away. I still take it away if this happens, but I would rather not provoke a fit if I can avoid it. With Morgan, I am trying to establish a routine with feeding, play and sleep. I think this helps him go longer between feedings. I am also trying harder with making him get a really good feeding in, even if it means trying for an hour. I am realizing that it isn't the kids that aren't cooperating. Its really us. I ultimately think they should adapt to our lives, but we are responsible for figuring out the best and easiest way to teach them how.

Here is the list of things we are going to be working on over the next few weeks/months:

Potty training
Getting Morgan to use a bottle for some feedings
Getting Morgan to use a paci
Getting Sydney to stop using a paci
Moving Sydney to a real bed
Moving Morgan to his crib
and eventually, Morgan sleeping through the night.

Now, I have no idea what order in which all this should be done. I think it all might be done in stages. For example, cut back on the paci, but keep it around until the bed transition is complete and comfortable.

No comments: