Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Vocabulary Lesson/Silly Moment

This is the time of year when I often get the chiggles. Let me explain. My friend, Sarah, and I came up with this term to best describe getting the chills and the giggles at the same time. You will know them when you get them, but to help you out in identifying moments when they are most likely to appear I will give you some examples of situations when they would be appropriate.

A) Someone mentions Christmas and you imagine in your mind the cold air and all the merriment to come and it makes you draw up your shoulders, squinch your nose, close your eyes and grit your teeth in excitement as you let out little giggle.

B) You are out having a fun time shopping with your friends and it is cold so you jump in the car and huddle up as girls get to do with out it being strange.

I am trying to rack my brain and think of another situation that makes you act like a school girl and nothing but Christmas comes to mind. Oh, ok if you are in high school and you hear that a boy is asking about you and this is favorable to you might get the chiggles. Maybe if you are in Junior High and it is actually cold at the Fair and you are having fun with your friends and your Mom is hanging back a little so you "look" like you are there by yourself and you "think" you look old enough to be there by yourself. Obviously, there aren't many occasions when as an adult you get to have the chiggles. So, I ask that you embrace those moments and become a fellow chiggler.

No comments: