Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 15, 2007

JC Penny

I don't know if any of you watch Oprah, but I at least record it in case it is a show that I am interested in watching. A few days ago, she had a show on the winners of her decorating contest. You had to have done it yourself (no decorators). The first house she showed was so unbelievable. Not all the houses were what I might want for my home, but I liked them all and appreciated the different styles. That is what I like about visiting other's homes. You get to enjoy a different style for a little while. If we all liked the same thing then it would be so boring. So back to JC Penny. I knew that they had good drapes and curtains (I love the ones that Adam's parents have and if I needed that color, I would sneak them in our diaper bag on our way out...they would be too entranced with the kids to notice me doing it), but I had no idea that they had so much else that I should see, like, and buy all before 8 AM this morning. It started with seeing the bed coverlet that I have been looking for on Oprah. Once I saw that it was on "closeout", I had to buy it. I should have waited and asked for it for my b day or something, but it was a DEAL. Sadly, so were the wall lamps that bought. They too were the perfect solution to a few problems we have in our room: No room for lamps and no lamps. Do any of you out there have any experience with faux finishing? We were considering painting our iron bed black, but now I am thinking that it may be too harsh. I wondered if I could pull off doing a bronze or copper look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have found the magic of JC Penny. People won't believe that they have so much cute home decorating stuff. I think I know the wall lamps you are talking about. In fact, I almost bought some but Aaron said he thought it would make our room feel like a hotel room. I was thinking the other morning that I should just go ahead and get them and not care. Laura has some in her room and I thought they looked cute.

Jessica QW said...

I know I like them too! Here are the ones that I ordered. http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?DeptID=25438&CatID=36416&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1230781&ProdSeq=1&Cat=sconces&Dep=Home+Accents&PCat=LIGHTING&PCatID=26079&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=9&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=WindowSolutionHOM%252Easpx&RefCatID=26079&RefDeptID=25438&Page=1&CmCatId=25438|26079|36416