Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 05, 2007

First Steps

On Saturday, Sydney took her first steps. I am so excited that Adam and I both were there to see it. I was holding her and I put her on the floor. She just stood there for a good while and Adam and I were bothe watching for some reason. She put her right foot out and then squatted to the ground. I was thinking that is was such a good move towards walking and then she stood up and took 3 steps. We couldn't believe it! Just an hour before we predicted that it would be the end of February before she walked. She still isn't "walking". Just taking steps. She took 7 in a row on Saturday. Sunday was not as active. Sunday's are hard. With church getting us off the food and nap schedule it is really hard. She did take a fall into the leather ottoman. Of course, she hit the one spot that isn't padded. I am sure we have quite a few falls in our future. At one point she became so excited about walking that she clapped herself right to the floor. Walking and clapping is a hard thing to do.

No comments: