Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Crafts and other stuff

I went to the doctor on Monday and was glad to find that the appointment was simple with only the nurse listening to the baby's heartbeat. This was hard to do as the baby would not stop moving. It was so weird to hear the baby bumping around. I keep thinking that if I really focus I will be able to feel it. This early though would get me in some record books so I am not expecting it for a while.

Adam and I went out to eat (sushi, yum) and then to Barnes and Noble last Friday night. I bought a book in BN because it was full of inspirational crafts for babies. Crafts are fun. I like thinking about them but I must admit that I never seem to finish them. This is mostly because I never have all the things I need or the time that must be committed to finishing the project. I asked Adam if he would like to craft with me and his response surprised me. NO? Why not? Apparently, Adam hates two things. Board games and crafts. He sighted the many things that he willing did with me in the past as a way of showing that he paid his dues. Chic flicks, ballroom dancing lessons, cake decorating, shopping, looking through potterybarn kids catalog together picking out what we like best on each page. Ok, ok, ok, I get it. I need a craft partner.

2 comments:

Laura Young said...

I'll be your craft partner as long as I don't have to sew, and especially if there is food involved, especially if it's chips and salsa, which is also, in my opinion, the best junk food.

Amanda said...

You KNOW I'm in. I have a long list of projects I need to finish, too. I want to do Martha Stewart's felt baby booties. I've been meaning to do them since before Miss Q was born. . .